Our club sponsor, Drive Auto Works will be hosting complimentary Pre-Event Tech Inspections at their two facilities in New Jersey.
Thursday, April 10th, 2014 Saturday, April 12th, 2014
5:30pm – 8:30pm 11:00am – 2:00pm
136 Getty Ave. 204 Summit Road
Clifton, NJ 07011 Mountainside, NJ 07092
(973) 772-2300 firstname.lastname@example.org
All cars that will be driving in the May 2nd Pocono HPDE are required to undergo a technical inspection that is to be completed by a certified mechanic*. The complimentary Pre-Event Tech Inspections at Drive Auto Works are for all Pocono HPDE registrants. It is not mandatory for event registrants to attend the complimentary tech inspection however, it is mandatory that a certified mechanic complete the Audi Club Pre-Event Tech form found here: Pre-Event Tech Form.
Requirements for May 2, 2014:
- Must have the first page of the Tech Inspection form completed by a certified mechanic within 2 weeks of event.
- Brake fluid must be flushed prior to the event.
- There will be a safety check on the day of the event which your car must pass to be eligible to participate.
- Failure to meet safety check or incomplete Tech forms will disqualify students from event and forfeiture of entry fee.
- Open cars (convertibles) must have rollover protection which meets or exceeds the specs found here. No SUVs are permitted on track.
- Equal restraints (seats and belts) are required for driver and instructor and must be securely mounted to stock mounting points or directly to the frame.
- All drivers must have a helmet with a Snell SA or M rating of 2005 or newer. No motorcycle helmets. A limited number of helmets are available for rent.
Please print the tech form and have a mechanic complete the first page. Please be sure to bring the second page and the completed first page to the event. You will hand in both forms to our tech staff. Any attendee without a completed form by a certified mechanic will not be permitted to participate in the event and the club will not be obligated to refund the attendee’s registration fee.
*Instructors may self-tech their cars. Instructors please print out both tech forms and present the completed Pre-Event form and Event (morning of) Tech form to the Tech Staff at the event tech.